Sunday, April 10, 2011

HD Polish!!!!

(I wanted to post this yesturday but it seemed that everything that could go wrong did when i started actually painting my nails!) I went to Target for the second time in my life and I'm definiatly going to be going more often now! They have a way bigger selection of makeup than my Walmart does. I received some coupons in the mail for some make up and polish and hair stuff at Target a while back, so I decided I'd put them to good use. I picked up a Sally Hansen HD polish in Spectrum. It's awesome!! It changes colors in different lights, I also picked up some new eyeliner that I'm in love with. It's Covergirls Liquiline Blast in black. But back to the original post.
On my toes I used Finger Paints Paper Mache as a base and put the Sally Hansen HD Spectrum on top of it. I love the way it looks although the camera doesn't really pick up how bright it really is.

Here's a pic of the colors I used on my toes.------>









On my nails I decided to put the HD over black for a darker look. I used Sinful Colors Black on Black. (I know the sides look awful!)
After this I tried to use a star sticker over my ring finger and sponge over with black but, as I was saying EVERYTHING went wrong! Black over this blue was to dark and you couldn't really make out that it was a star. So on the other hand I tried just painting over the star sticker with black but I guess I did'nt have the sides down good and it was a disaster as well. So I just redid my ring fingers. It turned out great!
           (Once again I did clean the sides after. lol)



Here's what I used on my nails------------------->






All in all I really like the HD, it went on good and only needed two coats. I did have to touch up a few spots this morning but it may have been because nothing was working out for me last night not to mention the fact that I started taking off my old polish at about 11pm. We were also watching Skyline so I was a bit distracted. It's a pretty good movie by the way.

                                                                            Whoop Whoop, Hatchet Hollie

2 comments: