Sunday, April 10, 2011

Bowtastic!

Lately I've been addicted to making Duck Tape hair bows!!! It's pretty much that most amazing thing ever. Also they're really simple to make. I gotta thank my friend Crafty Court for getting me started!http://courtsnails.blogspot.com/


For the one I made today I used neon pink Duck Tape, scissors, thread, a needle, a hot glue gun, a clippy, a few star beads, and a ruler.

                                                      First I cut 2 pieces of tape about 7".

                                         Then I taped the 2 pieces together.

                                   Then I sniped the edges so they would be even. (I just noticed the calender in the back ground. In case you did too It's the WICKED Girls lol!)

Then I cut the strip in half. It's easier to get a straight line if you fold it down the middle before cutting. And you should note that you can also cut it any way you want down the middle like zig-zags or waves for different effects.

Here's where the needle and tread come in. Just make a few stitches down the cut side of you tape strip. It doesn't matter what color you use, you wont be able to see it when you're done. (If you didn't cut a straight line and want to get some cooler designs you should sew on the folded edge, so your zig-zags or waves show.)

After you have a few stitches pull the thread tight and continue to the end doing the same thing. I forgot to say how much tread i used it was about 8-10".

                                                   Then I just sewed the ends together.
                                        Then repeat with your other strip.

                                                  Then I hot glued these beads to each other.

                                             Then I hot glued the beads to the center of the bows.

Now all that's left is to hot glue your bows to the clip. You wanna make sure you have your clip on something so you don't glue the clip shut. I used a scrap piece of cardboard.
And viola! You have the cutest effin' thing ever to put in your hair!!!! The lighting in my craft room isn't the greatest. This pink tape and the green beads are much brighter than they appear to be.

Pay no attention to the dates on the pictures it isn't correct.

                                               Whoop Whoop, Hatchet Hollie



2 comments:

  1. Love it! I still haven't got my bow post up yet i need some better pictures

    ReplyDelete