Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Bow of course!

I was off today so I had to make some bows because I've been seriously slacking the past couple of days! 
                               (WARNING: Tons of Pictures!)

Here's the finished product!
What you will need: Duct tape, craft wire, wire cutters, head band, needle, thread (I used embroidery thread), scissors, hot glue gun, some thing to wrap the wire around(I used this feather I have with a pencilish size stick).
I started with two pieces of tape pink and green.
Tape them to each other. (I'm getting very good at this step it just takes a lot of practice!)
Cut off the ugly edges.
Next I cut a zig zag design down one edge.
 This bow is almost the same as the last one I showed you only bigger and better! Just sew a straight line down one side.
 Every few stiches just pull it tight. It might take a little adjusting to get the right shape.
 Then just sew it together on the side you want to be the back.
Now for the wire. I didn't really measure it but did make sure that I had 8 strips. So I folded 8 times and cut the middles.
 Next I pushed the wire trough the back side of the flower.
Continue until you've put all the wire through.

Then I used these beads that I've had forever! I don't remember anything about them. I put 3 on each wire.
Now curl the middle of four pieces leaving a little wire not curled on the ends.
I put these flower beads on the top of the four wires I only half curled then just bent the ends so they wouldn't fall off.

Then just curl the rest of your unfinished wires.
Then I taped the flower to the head band. You should try it on after this to make sure you have it in the right spot. If not then just untape and move it.

Next I hot glued this fabric over the tape just to make it look a bit better.
Now you're finished! I made a few more today also here's a taste:

 The first two here a ribbon not duck tape. More on those later.

                                                     FREE SAMPLE TIME!

I'm not sure why but it seems that perfume always comes in pairs. I got some Oscar de la Renta Esprit D'Oscar. It smells good not too strong. It came in a tiny tube so that made it even better. The first sample here is from Lacoste it's the Joy of Pink. The didn't stink but it wasn't as good as the Osacr de la Renta one and it was pretty much just the same as a magazine sample:(

I think my off day has been pretty productive now I just gotta do my nails! I'll post those later.

Whoop Whoop, Hatchet Hollie

2 comments: