Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Another Day of Bows!!

Today was another good one in the land of off days! I made a few bows and talked with an old friend I haven't seen in forever!!!! We should be getting together this weekend for a little war! Also today was kinda sad Court!  went on a cruise and will miss GNB!! But on the upside be expecting a post when she gets back about how awesome it was!!!!! (also hopefully presents from far away lands!) We had Long John Silvers for dinner and I dropped my whole plate in the floor! Luckily I have an awesome husband and he gave me all his french fries!!! I love him lol! (I think I might be going overboard with !!!!!) any ways... Here's some pics of the bows I did today!

 These are for my boss's daughter! They match her soft ball uniform. These are also the first of this style bow I've made from ribbon! I think I did a pretty good job!

 (Tutorial on this-easy to do! Just scroll down.)

I used my NEW wires cutters and pliers on this one! I was excited!











                                      Here goes the how to:
I started with two pieces of ribbon about 10"ish.












Next I folded one in half to find the center. Then placed two drops of hot glue on each side of the fold line. Then just folded the edges and placed on glue.










Like so....












All that's left really besides adding a clippy is to tie your second piece of ribbon around the loop you've made. It might take a little of wiggling around to get it just right!









Then I hot glued this felt to the back to hold everything in place so I could even out (cut) the ends of the second strip.










I always burn the edges of the ribbon so it doesn't fray. (Be careful my dad says if you play with fire you'll pee in the bed!) You don't have to touch the fire to the ribbon just hold it close and you'll see it shrinking up.








Then just add the clippy!!!












FREE STUFF:

Shampoo and conditioner form TRESemme'

That's all for now, WHOOP WHOOP, HATCHET HOLLIE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment